Tuesday, September 8, 2015

¡Vergonzoso! (Embarassing!)

Okay, instead of depending on Google Translate (not always accurate) I am going to do longer explanations in English until I can do them on my on in Spanish. Still trying to be brief.

About 10 minutes before my new maid was due the phone rang. I immediately thought her child was sick and she couldn't make it or something like that. She knows no English. She used many words I did not understand and I panicked! It was psychological because one of her words was "porton" which I know is "gate" but in my panic I did not even recognize that. She was standing at the gate waiting for me to open it. Finally she said "Su casa, porton." and it finally registered and I ran to the terrace and opened the gate - SOOOO EMBARRASSED! She was just doing what I had told her to do if I was not out when she arrived.

This is learning the hard way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment